Whether you're a couple, newly dating someone, single, or a single parent with kid(s), Valentine's Day can feel pressuring.
What do I get someone who I'm just now dating?
What can I do for my hubby or wife that I haven't already done before? How many spa days can I do with my gal pals before the feeling of serenity runs out? What can I do with my kids that don't include sugar?
Besides, after the last two years of craziness, you may be feeling a little uninspired, am I right???
I get it!
Valentine's Day like every other major holiday seems like it's filled with the same thing every year.......sugar, gifts, and the same ole decorations or display of stuff.
It gets old after awhile.
We can run out of ideas.
It's on a MONDAY for crying out loud.
Look, here's the thing, there's nothing that says you have to celebrate LOVE on a specific day. It's merely a suggestion. :-) However, LOVE is celebratory worthy of feeling and experiencing, so I've created a list of 21 Noteworthy Valentine's Day Ideas that can be done anytime.
Here we go:
1. Search for as many good climbing trees as possible, climb up them, then compile a photo collage of it.
2. Go to a bookstore (new or used), and leave notes in your favorite books to future readers.
3. If you love role-play or dressing up, consider one of you dressing up as a ghost and the other as Pacman/woman. Walk around town holding hands, and whenever anyone sees you, pretend to be embarrassed, and run off screaming “wocka wocka wocka”.
4. Create photo evidence suggesting that you went on an adventure that didn’t really happen yet.
5. Dress up as superheroes and stop at least one petty crime, (i.e., jaywalking, littering…..).
6. Build forts out of furniture and blankets, and wage war with paper airplanes.
7. Book the soonest departing flight to anywhere and stay there for the night or weekend.
8. Write a piece of fiction together (partner, gal pals, or with your kid(s)), outside at a café, and ask strangers for ideas.
9. Dress to the nines, pretend to be a couple, and test drive very expensive vehicles.
10. Do the lamest tourist thing in your area that you have been secretly wanting to do forever. Have an unabashed good time!
11. In the middle of the night, drive to the beach, so you arrive just as the sun is rising. Have a breakfast picnic.
12. Drive somewhere new and have dinner in a city/town you’ve never been before.
13. Rent a movie you’ve never seen before. Set it on mute and improvise dialogue.
14. Create Valentine’s Day messages and posts as many on your friends/families doors without getting caught.
15. If you’re someone who is a wanderluster, then definitely take a scenic train ride.
16. Nothing builds trust, support, and teamwork like an Escape Room adventure.
17. Create a couple’s bucket list.
18. A scavenger hunt around your town, a new town, or even your backyard.
19. A “themed” date night. Dress up in character, use made up names, and have fun with it.
20. Hire a private chef to lavish you, your partner/your girlfriends/your kids with culinary delights.
21. With Spring around the corner, visit plant stores. Design an elaborate garden.
Whatever you decide to do this year, do it from your heart because you want too, not because you feel you have too.
I'd love to hear how you choose to celebrate LOVE this year.
Until next time, I send you so much LOVE KellyRae